Saturday, December 15, 2012

Deed 3

For the third deed we had to help a stranger in our community. Although they are not strangers, my new neighbors Bob and Tracy just moved in next door about six months ago. Tracy had a baby two months ago and her name is Sophie. Bob works late hours on week days.
 One day I saw Tracy walking to her mailbox, and I asked her if there was anything she needed. She told me she had to run out and get groceries, and she asked me if i could watch Sophie. Fortunately for me, the baby was asleep and I only had to watch her for thirty minutes, but I didn't feel like I had done enough. When Tracy got home I asked if I could help her hang up her Christmas lights and she agreed. After I finished hanging the lights she offered to pay me but I reluctantly declined her offer.
From this experience I learned that doing small things can be a big help to busy people. I also learned how to volunteer my time even when money is offered. I look forward to helping my neighbors in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment